- To quickly filter based on a single term, simply type a term into the Quick Filter panel.
- The any SmartTasks not matching that term will be removed from the view.
- For a more robust set of filter features, click to choose what to display and what to hide. The Filter SmartTasks screen appears.
Use any or all of the dropdown menus to indicate which SmartTasks will appear in the filtered view. Click on a dropdown menu and it will open to reveal filter options.
Available filter options include:
a. Task Status: Not Started, In Progress, Blocked, Complete, and/or Cancelled (all are indicated by SmartTask owners as they progress) b. Dependency Status: Dependencies Complete (indicates that this SmartTask is ready to begin), Dependencies Not Complete (indicates that this SmartTask can not begin because its predecessors are still in progress), No Dependencies (these are SmartTasks not on the Critical Path) c. Risk: Not Accepted Tasks (SmartTasks that have been assigned but not accepted) or Late Tasks (SmartTasks whose due date has passed) d. Priority: Critical, High, Normal, Low e. Owner: Lists the users who own SmartTasks in this project f. Assigner: Lists the users who have assigned SmartTasks in this project g. Team: Lists the teams who are associated with this project h. Viewing Privacy: No Restrictions (SmartTasks that any Team Member can view, whether inside or outside of the organization), Our Organization Only (SmartTasks restricted to those within the organization), Owner/Creator/Assigner Only (SmartTasks only visible to those who own, created, or assigned them) i. Start Date: SmartTasks that are set to start Today, This Week, Next Week, This Month, In the next…(enter a custom value), In the previous…(enter a custom value) j. Due Date: SmartTasks that are due Today, This Week, Next Week, This Month, In the next…(enter a custom value), In the previous…(enter a custom value), No Due Date (no due date has been assigned) k. Changed Date: SmartTasks that were altered in some way Today, This Week, Next Week, This Month, In the previous…(enter a custom value) l. Completed Date: SmartTasks that were marked as complete Today, This Week, Next Week, This Month, In the previous…(enter a custom value) m. Project Phase: The phases that exist for this project are listed, and selection of a phase will show all SmartTasks in that phase n. Workstreams: All Workstreams (shows all SmartTasks in the project), Critical Path (limits the view to Critical Path SmartTasks—those with dependencies) o. Task Type: All Tasks (all SmartTasks in the project) or Milestones (SmartTasks marked as Milestones because of their significance to the project)
- Select the filter criteria to be applied by clicking on that option. Once selected, a purple check mark will appear to the left of the option. Multiple options can be selected. To clear selections, click <reset>. Repeat this process until all desired filters are in place.
- Select Workstream boxes to display either All Workstreams (every SmartTask in the project) or Critical Path only (SmartTasks that are a part of the Critical Path).
- Select Task Type boxes to display either All Tasks (all SmartTasks in the project) or Milestones (SmartTasks marked as Milestones because of their significance to the project).
- Review filter settings before proceeding.
- Click Save as my default (in the upper right corner of this screen) to save these filter settings. These filter criteria will be applied to the Project view every time it is opened going forward.
- Click Apply to save filters or Cancel to discard the filter.
- Click Reset to return all filters to their saved default settings. To remove custom default settings, click Reset on the dropdown of each saved filter, then click Save as my default. The filter criteria will then return to Moovila's standard default settings.
Filtering SmartTasks in a Project
Article is closed for comments.