Click the button. The Add Project screen appears.
- Title: In the first field, add a Title for the project.
- Sub-title: Optionally, add a sub-title in the second field. This sub-title will display alongside the project’s title in the Project Portfolio.
- Description: Optionally, add a few details about the project to provide any additional context. These details only appear in the Project Detail view.
- Project Scope: Select who will participate in and have access to this project.
Personal: By default new projects are set to “personal.” This limits visibility and editing to the project’s creator. Team Project: Only the team is able to view the project. Team leaders and Owner can edit. Enterprise: The entire enterprise can view the project. Team leaders and owner can edit.
- Owner: If the Project Scope is set to Personal, the project’s creator will be set as the Owner. If the Project Scope is set to either Team or Enterprise, click the [click to select] dropdown to choose the project’s owner.
a. The Select Owner screen appears. b. Click the appropriate owner from the appropriate team. c. Click the Back arrow. The Project Owner and Team now appear.
- Start + Due Dates: Optionally, set the dates that the project will Start and come Due.
a. By default, the Start Date is set to the day that the project was opened. To modify, click Start to choose another day. A calendar appears. b. Select a Start Date (and time, if desired). Or, click Remove Date in the bottom of the calendar view to clear the project’s Start Date. Click the Back arrow. c. Click Due to set the day on which the Project must be completed (this is optional). A calendar appears. d. Select a Due Date (and time, if desired). Click the Back arrow.
- SmartTask Permissions: By default, only owners and leaders can assign SmartTasks. Click Owners and Leaders to toggle so that Owners, Leaders and Members can assign SmartTasks. When the Owner, Leaders & Members option is selected, Team Members will have the ability to add SmartTasks to the project, and edit any SmartTasks they have created.
- Program: Optionally, choose a Program associated with this project. Programs are enterprise defined and allow users to tag projects by organization initiative, division, or other relevant identifier. Programs allow another way for projects to be grouped, sorted, and filtered. A program may also have specific categories and stages that have been created exclusively for use with that program. Enterprise Administrators only have the ability to add/edit this listing. If you need to add or modify a program, please contact your administrator.
Enterprise Administrators Only:
a. To add a new program, select [Create new program code] from the dropdown menu. The Edit Program window opens. b. Enter a Name, Code and Description (optional) for the program and click Save. Note: Programs can be marked to “Inactive” at any time by toggling the Active switch. c. The newly entered program name will now appear as the chosen option for Program.
- Category/Product: : Optionally, choose a Category/Product. These are enterprise-defined and may be associated with a specific program or available to access via all programs. This is another way to tag projects so that they can be grouped, sorted, or filtered when needed. Enterprise Administrators only have the ability to add/edit this listing. If you need to add or modify a Category/Product, please contact your administrator.
Enterprise Administrators Only:
a. To add a new category/product, select [Create new category code] from the dropdown menu. The Add Category window opens. b. Enter a Name, Code and Description (optional) for the category/product and click Save. c. If the category/product is to be available for all programs, leave the dropdown menu set to <all programs>, otherwise click on the dropdown and select the program with which it will be associated. d. Note: Categories/products can be marked to “Inactive” at any time by toggling the Active switch. Click Save to continue. c. The newly entered name will now appear as the chosen option for Category/Product.
- Financial Impact: Click Financial to toggle to the Financial Impact view, where information regarding project financials can be added and viewing permissions of these numbers can be assigned.
a. In the Project Value field, enter the overall value of the project. Project Value is organization specific, and can capture items like project cost, revenue, cost savings, etc. b. In the Amount (per day) field, enter the financial impact of the project per day. The Amount (per day) is used to calculate Financial Impact if the project is completed early (gain) or late (loss). c. In the Show field, toggle between showing Losses or Gains (the financial impact numbers will display no matter what), Gains Only (financial impact numbers will display only if they are positive), or Losses Only (financial impact numbers will display only if they are negative). d. In the Audience field, toggle among the following groups to determine who will be able to view these financial impact numbers:
i. Leaders Only ii. Leaders and Viewers iii. Leaders, Viewers, and Members iv. Leaders, Viewers, Members, Extended
- Click Create project. The project now appears in your Project Portfolio.