Project geofencing allows a site drawing of a construction project to be uploaded and geofences to be drawn to define the areas of the project. NOTE: This feature is only available when an enterprise has the Construction Context license.
- To add a geofence to a project, first open the project to which the geofence will be added. Click on the Additional Options icon in the left navigation.
- The Additional Options menu opens. Select Project Geo-fencing to continue.
- The Project Geofence screen opens. Click the Upload Site Drawing button to continue.
- Choose a site drawing that matches the accepted file format and upload.
- The Project Geofence Settings screen opens displaying the uploaded site drawing with the following details:
a. Back Arrow: Click this arrow to return to the Project view. b. Project Geofence Settings Menu: Click here to open a dropdown menu and access options to "Delete Site," removing the current site drawing from this project, or to "Upload New Site" to overwrite the current site drawing with a new one. NOTE: choosing "Upload New Site" will erase any existing geofences. c. Master Layers: Click on the icon to the right of Layers to turn on/off all layers (the colored lines that overlay the map, corresponding to specific elements within the site drawing). All of the individual layers beneath can be controlled in the same fashion. In this example, all of the layers with the exception of the Wetland Buffer layer have been turned off. This is especially helpful when only one or two elements within the site drawing are relevant to the geofence. d. Site Plan Interaction Help: To learn more about how to interact with the map using either a traditional mouse or touch device, click the "?" icon to open in-app guidance.
e. Hidden Layer: This icon indicates that this layer is not currently displayed in the site drawing. Clicking this icon will turn ON this individual layer, displaying it in the drawing. f. Displayed Layer: This icon indicates that this layer is being displayed in the site drawing. Clicking this icon will turn OFF this individual layer, removing it from the drawing. g. Add a Geofence: Click the "+" icon to apply a new geofence to the project. One project can have multiple geofences. h. Displayed Layer in Map: This is an example of a visible layer on the map. In this instance it is displaying the Wetland Buffer layer. i. Center Map: Click this button to return to the center point of the map. j. Expand Map: This button maximizes the map, filling the application screen. Click the button again to exit full screen view.
- To add a geofence to the site drawing, click the "+" icon to the right of the Geofences menu in the left navigation.
- The Geofence Drawing window opens. Use the mouse to draw a geofence over the site map/location, clicking the place points along the perimeter of the geofence. Double-click to complete the geofence shape.
- The geofence shape solidifies with anchor points displayed. Right-click on an anchor point to delete it. Drag anchor points to edit the shape and/or create new points. Click the Checkmark icon to add this geofence, or click the Clear Geofence button to discard it.
- Follow the same process, clicking the "+" to add any additional geofences needed. Different layers can be turned on or off to guide the creation of geofences. Geofences are listed in the left navigation. Click on any listed geofence to edit it. Click the "X" to the right of any geofence to delete it.
- Click on the Back arrow to exit the Geofence screen and return to the project.