Click within the View menu to toggle between Portfolio Dashboard, Timeline, Grid and Thumbnail Views.
Portfolio Timeline View offers detail on the health and status of projects in the Project Portfolio over time. Get at-a-glance information on the status of project milestones, overdue tasks, forecasted completion dates and more.
Core Elements of the Portfolio Timeline View:
- Column and Timeline Display Settings: Click to turn on/off the columns and timeline visualizations displayed. A checkmark next to a column title indicates that it will be displayed.
Columns available include:
a. Project Name: The listed name of the project b. Sub Title: Sub-title detail for the project c. Project Owner: The person to whom the project belongs d. Start Date: The date the project began e. Project Priority: The assigned project priority (Low, Normal, High, Critical) f. Due Date: The assigned due date for the project g. Forecast Date: Displays the date that a project is forecasted to end without intervention. Dates in purple are forecasted to end on-time, dates in red are forecasted to end late, and dates in green are forecasted to finish early h. Variance: Difference between Due Date and Forecasted Completion Date i. Changed Date: The date the project was last modified j. Value: The project value associated with this project appears in this column for those with rights to view it (those rights are configured in project setup) k. Impact: The daily financial impact associated with this project appears in this column for those with rights to view it (those rights are configured in project setup) l. Team: The team assigned to the project m. Program: The program with which the project has been associated (programs are customizable organizational initiatives) n. Category: The category with which the project has been associated (categories are customizable and allow similar projects to be grouped) o. Stage: The stage that has been assigned to this project’s progress (stages are customizable and allow projects at a similar point of progress be grouped) p. Task Counts: Total, Late, Blocked, Critical Priority q. Scope: The reach of this project (Enterprise, Team, Personal) r. Timeline Views:
Late Task Milestone Task Forecast Box Progress by Completion Date
- Adjustable Columns: Expand or decrease the width of columns by pulling their edges. Change the order of columns by dragging and dropping them to the right or left.
- Timeline: Displays the year, month, and quarter that correspond to the Project bars in the Portfolio Timeline below
- Today in Timeline: This line marks today’s date.
- Adjustable Divider: The project list or timeline can be expanded or collapsed to by dragging the divider in either direction.
- Timeline Progress Bar: This chart displays a great deal of detail in a small space. Each bar in the chart represents a project’s timeline.
- Project Grouping: These groupings represent the Sort criteria assigned to the Project Portfolio, and can be collapsed or expanded using the Close All, +, and – buttons.